Drawing with Ballpoint Pen: Portrait of my Son

Monday, January 6, 2014
Drawing is a fantastic way of manifesting your creativity. I'm going to show you step by step the technique to draw a portrait with Bics ballpoint pens.
I'm drawing a portrait of my son for his birthday next 13th.

Step 1: Draw a sketch with pencil

Use very light lines with no shadow, only the forms to guide you.

Step 2: Draw over the outline with a skin color ballpen

Do this very lightly and when the ink is dry erase the pencil lines behind it. I'm using a Bic ballpoint pen skin color that you can see in the picture.

Step 3: Start working on the details

I usually start with the eyes, as you can see, you need to handle the pen and only put a very light pressure.
Remember that there is no way back. I first draw a layer with skin color and then add some orange, pink and brown. I'm only using black

And three hours later:
It takes time! And that's the good part of it because you can enjoy longer.
I'll be adding pictures so you can see my progress.
Here you can see the last step of this drawing with ballpoint pen in colors:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Money and personal development Copyright © 2012 - 2013 - Powered by Blogger