Working For 45 Years 5 Days a Week

Saturday, December 29, 2012
Are you going to work for 45 years, five days a week, or be the master of your activities from now on?

You know that my goal is to achieve financial freedom and go to the other side of the barrier, so as an exercise I've been imagining what it would be like living outside the routine of working five days a week, for 8 or 9 hours a day.

The weekends would no longer have the same meaning as before. Fridays would not be  "happier" days than the others and I could be working on some weekend, it may seem paradoxical, but I could be writing on Sunday without any problems.

I think the danger would be to fall into the trap of working constantly. The goal is not to get out of the rat race to fall into a  worse routine. This would be the challenge of the entrepreneur.

Responsibility and personal effectiveness

With so much power over our free time there also comes great responsibility: what about our personal effectiveness?

How many productive hours should I have to work? Or, how much money show I have to make?
For the salaried employees these questions do not exist as they work the same, day bay day and every month. But there are models of work where it is not necessary to produce for 8 hours a day to be effective.

Everything depends on the sector and the way we have chosen to develop our business: if you work with customers directly, your presence will be more necessary, but if you work in training people or on a website, you only need to be present in the moments that you have established.

What is your choice?

Work and learn

To work constantly make you lose sight of the whole and have an impact on your creativity, your effectiveness and your income. I think it's important to find the balance between work and learn to feed that spark and to not get lost in the details.

Being the owner of your life

Some mornings on my way to work I wonder:

- Maria, what would you be doing at this time if you were working for yourself?

Ah yes! My goals are very clear to me and I would act accordingly. As I devote priority to those things that have a lever effect, or multiplier, the kind of thing that would work with very little effort to make money work for me, I'm sure that things like that are those that I like to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Money and personal development Copyright © 2012 - 2013 - Powered by Blogger